Thursday 29 October 2009

Bisi Bele Bath

Ingredients:-

Rice 1 cup
Toor Dal 3/4 cup
Mixed Vegetables (onions, potatoes, peas, beans,brinjal and corn) 2 cups
Tamarind 2 tsp
Water. For 1 cup of rice i took 2 1/2 cup of water

Soak rice and dal for one hour.

Masala:-

Coconut (fresh) grated 1/2 cup
Sambar Powder 2 tbsp
Coriander Seeds 2 tbsp
Cinnamon 1''
Cloves 3-4 cloves
Cardamom 2-3
Asafoetida a pinch
Curry leaves few

Make a smooth paste of the above ingredients.

Seasoning:-
Oil 4 tbsp
Red Chillies 2
Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
Curry Leaves few
Turmeric a pinch
Asafoetida a pinch


Method:
Take oil in the cooker.Add all the seasonings.When they splatter add all the vegetables.
Saute for 4-5 minutes.Then add the grounded masala and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Then add tamarind paste and salt as per taste.
After 4-5 minutes add soaked rice and dal.
Mix throughly and add water.
Pressure cook for 4 whistles (Whistles depends on the cooker used,i used hawkins)
Serve with raitha and chips.

Recipe source:- Mysoorean
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

hitch writer said...

I love this dish !!!!!!!

Suparna said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy...I love bisibele, that to with chips oh! what a combo!!nice click dear
Enjoy!
TC

Priya said...

BBB with chips,my fav..looks prefect for me..

Shama Nagarajan said...

lovely delicious rice

Nandini said...

Wow! Bisi Bele Baath is my favorite! I can almost sense the taste in it!

Sanghi said...

Looks yum.. one of my favt!

Home Cooked Oriya Food said...

We eat this at the temple... Looks lovely...

kothiyavunu.com said...

delicious looking bisbelebath..love it.

Sailaja Damodaran said...

mouth watering.....

Valarmathi Sanjeev said...

Love this, looks so yumm....

Prathibha said...

I just love it...

A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine said...

Looks so delicious and mouth watering.

sowmya's creative saga said...

love this..this is my brunch during weekends at my place..

Renu said...

yummm... and mouth watering

Mythreyi Dilip said...

I love this simple and yummy dish!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Need to try this....looks delectable...

Post a Comment