Saturday 21 February 2009

Atukula Unda (Poha Laddu)

Ingredients:-

Atukulu (poha) 1 cup
Jaggery (bellam) 1 cup
Ghee ¼ cup
Elachi 2

Method:-
  1. Heat ghee, add poha and fry for a min and take it out.
  2. In a pan boil jaggery with little water until thick.(To test whether the syrup is done or not,put a drop of syrup in the water,when the syrup forms into a ball then the syrup is done)
  3. Then add elachi and add poha and mix well

Wet your hand and make balls.

I made this balls for my kids, hence I used ghee.1st time made this laddu and came out very well. I got this recipe from a book written by a family friend “Kantamani Vantakalu”.For every thing I refer to this book. She has included almost all the recipes done in Andhra and also other state recipes in her book.It is a encyclopaedia of its kind.Thank u aunty.

15 comments:

srikars kitchen said...

Frist time here.. nice blog & lovely revipes..

Trupti said...

poha laddoo looks very delicious. This one new to me. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Varunavi said...

@Trupti thanks

Chirag said...

Varunavi, loved the mutton cutlets :) Thanks. One more thing, me and my friend are now going on a diet :) LOL, can you also suggest a few salads recipes which makes eating vegi less boring?

Varunavi said...

Thanks chirag,will let u know abt the veg salads

Suma Rajesh said...

thanks for dropping by..u too have a nice blog..this poha laddu is new to me..sounds interesting and tempting snap..

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow never heard of thid before. Looks yum.

Kitchen Flavours said...

R u from Andhra?

Varunavi said...

@Suma thanks
@Kitchen flavours thanks and i am from hyderabad,now i am in dubai

Purnima said...

You have a lovely blog..nice recipe..shall try it for my kids!Tks for sharing!

Varunavi said...

@Purnima thanks,do try and let me know it

meeso said...

This isn't something I've had, but it really sounds tasty!

Varunavi said...

Thanx meeso

Food Fanatic said...

wow never heard of pohaa laddu, this is very interesting

Varunavi said...

Thanks for dropping ff

Post a Comment